Are you part of the armed forces community and looking to help veterans and service personnel living with mental ill health? Do you have experience using digital platforms? Could you donate some time to respond to messages and comments across our social media channels? We’re looking for motivated volunteers to help us moderate user interactions across a number of platforms.
The right volunteers will have exceptional written English skills, a calm, compassionate demeanour and experience working with vulnerable adults. Being a Mental Health First Aider or similar would be preferable. In order to ensure these channels are constantly monitored, we’re looking for individuals that may be able to volunteer at irregular hours and fit into a consistent shift pattern.
About All Call Signs
All Call Signs is a peer support network for veterans and service personnel living with mental ill health. Our Caseworker & Beacon platforms support hundreds of at risk members of the armed forces community each year and our marketing channels help millions more in improving their mental health and gaining access to support services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responding to queries that come through across multiple social media channels.
- Supporting individuals living with mental ill health and assigning listeners to individuals.
- Helping users navigate our support channels and assisting with the on-boarding of new clients.
- Responding to and moderating comments on our social media posts.
- Collecting information as it comes in regarding Beacon Alerts and Concerns for Welfare.
The role is voluntary and home based. Volunteers would ideally be based in Portsmouth or the surrounding areas, though this is flexible.
If you’re interested in applying, please follow the link below and fill out a short questionnaire.