Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Service & Installation Engineer Communication Technology-Field based (241lw) – Bristol – £30-£35K
Our client paves the way for innovative communication technology and critical alert software solutions. They provide pioneering on-site solutions including paging systems, two-way radios, critical alarms, call button solutions and our Gen2 messaging and alarm monitoring software.
Our client has two specialist regional engineers covering their largest client, Premier Inn, where they manage access control, critical alerts and messaging, call buttons, disabled toilets, staff paging, 2-way radios, and restaurants’ waiter-call systems.
Increased growth has led to the opening of a new role for an Installation & Service Engineer to join their team, focusing on sites primarily in the west of England, covering the area from Bristol or Swindon down to the South Coast and occasionally into Wales.
- Installation and service of radio paging and radio speech & data equipment at UK customer sites, centered on the Midlands and NW
- Training sessions and self-study for in-depth learning of all products including paging, two-way radios, transmitters, aerials and GEN2 Cloud as well as new products when introduced
- Provide neat and tidy installation, expert service, customer training and advice with the Company’s products
- Travel overseas (voluntarily) on occasion to do installations for European and US clients
- Provide second-line customer support when Customer Service team need to escalate
- Support the pre-sale sales team with site surveys
- Support post-installation / commissioning documentation for CRM
- The role may include some early starts and late finishes per logistics schedule
- The role requires travel within the UK with the need to stay away from home approximately 2-4 nights per month
- Ad hoc duties and documentation as required for the role
The right candidate will have:
- Understanding of radio communication systems and IT networking
- Interest in attending training courses to achieve certification for company duties
- Excellent understanding and hands-on capability of installation of low voltage electrical systems
- Genuine interest and curiosity about our products and how they work for clients
- The ability to work on your own initiative in a professional manner
- Good PC skills including all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A can-do attitude, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A team-orientated attitude to ensure successful business activities
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
This role is field-based: you will be on the road most days, so you MUST be happy driving up to several hours a day, as well as keeping in touch with your team, colleagues and manager by phone
Must have a full, clean UK Driving License and experience of driving a van (caddy or medium size)
For more information, please contact Susan Edwards, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 0333 202 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.