Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Chief Engineer (216jc) – Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos Islands – Excellent Package
My client, who manages the Hospitals in the Islands are now seeking to recruit a Chief Engineer for their hospital at Cockburn Town.
You will be reporting to the Total Facilities Manager (TFM), and your role you will be effectively Managing the Engineering and Estates Department to ensure continued provision of services to Cockburn Town Medical Centre, Grand Turk.
Therefore, you will ensure continuation of service and adherence to Contract relating to maintenance, health & safety, and facilities aspects of TCI Hospital in Grand Turk. This includes full management of all plant and equipment, medical gas systems, fire safety system, reverse osmosis plant, pest control, grounds maintenance, and involvement in life cycle planning.
Responsibilities also include business continuity and emergency response planning and preparations for the annual Hurricane Season.
Your responsibilities will include
– Assists TFM in the provision of expert and professional advice on estates/facilities including strategic, contractual matters regarding capital projects.
– Effectively managers all on site and external contractors ensuring regular servicing, Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Works. This includes use of Helpdesk Facility, associated communication with Clients relating to disruption, and associated billing.
– Manages, trains and mentors on site Engineering and Estates team. Responsible for the performance management of Departmental team ensuring compliance with Policy and Procedures, TCIG Contract and Labour Ordinance.
– Advises and monitors compliance with standards, TCI Ordinances, legislation, and procedures. Ensures that relevant statutory, environmental, professional, and technical standards are identified and maintained in relation to all projects and building issues.
– Manages specific operational and capital projects as appropriate and ensures delegated projects are completed within budget and to programme.
– Responsible for delivery and reporting of Key Performance Indicators as outlined in Project Agreement.
– Management and scheduling of PPM and monthly supporting management report relating to progress
– Reports to the Manager on timeframes for delivery, provides information and responds to queries.
– Develops and maintains an integrated workflow process (architecture, policies, and procedures) to support the hospital operations both in a normal environment and in disaster recovery / business continuity scenarios.
– Responsible for onsite Health and Safety pertaining to building environment, Engineering Team, Contractors, and visitors to Engineering Department.
-Responsible for Engineering administrative functions including implementing related procedure and resource manuals, establishing, and maintaining of safety programmes, and overseeing customer service and utilisation management programmes. Maintains supplies, inventory, and proper equipment servicing.
– Works with TFM to produce annual Departmental Budget.
– Is accountable for agreed departmental budget including labour, resource management, parts, third party contractors, and project works.
– Serves clients who include staff, patients and families, providing a high quality, efficient, friendly and client-focused service at all times.
– Works with TFM in the provision of Fire Safety Training and protocols in the facility. This includes participation in drills, and de-brief activity.
– Attends in-services and participates in continuing professional development opportunities.
– Performs other professional duties as may be assigned within his/her scope and ability.
– Participates in rostered ‘On-Call’ engineering requirements within Department.
You will be autonomous within the role responsibilities, using allocated resources driven by the controlled budget and under the guidance of the TFM Manager.
And your key relationships will include Senior management, department personnel, TCI Hospital teams such as IT, clinical, etc as well as vendors, external contractors
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
Education, Qualifications and Training
– Formal qualification to degree level in an Engineering field, or Vocational training plus additional competency in facilities or project management
– Professional qualification preferred
– Training certificate preferred (not essential)
– Institutional/Chartered Membership with relevant professional institution
– Extensive Electrical and Mechanical Engineering experience at a craft level.
– Experience in project management and subcontracted services
– Hands-on competency in electrical/mechanical design
– Success in managing teams including technical and semi-skilled professionals
– Previous experience within a fixed cost contract
– Previous experience of working to Key Performance Indicators
– Associated core electrical and mechanical skills
– Knowledge of standard health & safety legislation and building codes
– Self-correspondence and good report writing and presentation skills
– Demonstrates management knowledge and skills for auditing, monitoring and planned schedule systems
– Knowledge of accreditation standards preferred
– Quality Management awareness •
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent leadership skills
– Keep planner and organiser
– Conscientious and detail focused
– Calm under pressure
The ideal candidate would be a SNCO coming from an engineering background and who is seeking a post that they can fully manage as well as help train and develop the local workforce.
Due to the location, the candidate must he highly motivated and resilient as weather conditions can have a severe impact on the day-to-day operation of the site, i.e., tropical storms and hurricanes which have impacted the sites in the past.
Please note that this role is really suitable for a single individual as schooling is not available for ex-pats and you can only access private education which is very expensive.
They are initially offering this role on a 2-year contract, with options to renew up to the 10 year point, and you will earn an excellent package, as well as 1 return flight per year for the employee, accommodation will be supplied for the initial 3 months, but costs will be deducted at source, with 25 days leave a year, as well as a further 12 Bank Holiday, use of a fully funded F150 truck, and you will have to pay local NI which is 4% and Local National Health Insurance with is 3%. Also, there is no pension plan with this role.
The contract will be offered with the cavate that you pass both the medical and work permit which my client will facilitate.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.