Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Senior Technical Design Consultant (225jc) – Daventry – up to £42k + Benefits
My client, who have now grown to one of the UK’s leading commercial restaurant and kitchen design companies are now looking to recruit a Senior Technical Design Consultant for the commercial kitchen team.
This could be an ideal role for someone who has a passion in the design of new and refurbishment of kitchens used in the commercial and military sectors and knows how things should all fit together safely and ergonomically for the people using the kitchens.
You will be reporting to the Head of Design, and you will be working with the project deliver team, and your role will be to developing design concepts and proposals from internal and external briefs and presenting these to clients.
Your Key Responsibilities and Duties will include:
– Accurate interpretation of the client design brief and development of initial ideas to produce the most appropriate solution (in terms of innovation, environment, space/budget parameters and client preference) to ensure:
I. the design and performance requirement meets the brief first time
II. the design meets budget and margin expectations
III. revisions are minimised
IV. customer expectations are met
V. Managing and allocating the workflow throughout the team.
VI. Participation in the company management team activities
– COM – Ensuring pre-construction information is taken into account in the design process and ensuring ‘Designer’ responsibilities are fulfilled throughout the life of the project.
– Production of presentation materials to best illustrate the design, equipment and service performance maximising the use of existing materials to reduce the need to outsource design work and creating the best opportunity for the Company to ‘win the business’
– Preparation of proposals and presenting these to clients and consultants
– Communicating closely with other teams (estimating, contracts, technical) to ensure that projects are fit for purpose and ensuring full and complete information is provided at the appropriate stages for accurate costing and the smooth flow of the project.
– Undertaking product research and liaison with suppliers and to achieve the best possible design solution. Assisting in sourcing and developing new suppliers to ensure a comprehensive supplier base.
– Where necessary, ensuring the design workload is planned and work allocated to meet client deadlines, taking into account scope of design work, required deadlines and priorities.
– Ongoing mentoring of junior team to support development programmes and ensuring design protocols are followed at all times.
– Achieving the highest quality of design output, ensuring all designs are checked and approved prior to issue.
– Supporting the sales team, attending meetings, and developing outline schemes with clients & consultants and negotiating the business.
– Completion of site surveys
– Ongoing Liaison with clients to satisfactory project handover
Your Measures of Success will include:
On Time – On Cost – On Point – Repeat business
– Meeting design requirement programmes
– Positive client feedback
– Creating cost effective design schemes
– Creating a positive team working environment
– Minimising HIT costs through design clarity
– Recognition in trade publications
– Leading the latest technical and aesthetic trends
– Travelling to different locations within the UK, staying away from home if required
– When necessary, you will be required to work outside of standard working hours to meet Company deadlines
– Ability to work to tight deadlines
Experience – Education, Knowledge, Skills Essential:
– Degree level or equivalent experience in a design related discipline
– Strong IT skills including AutoCad and visualisation software
– Proven Design experience within the hospitality sector
– Excellent design & technical detailing abilities
– Market awareness – aware of existing and emerging trends, brands, and operators etc.
– Commercial awareness
– Great communication skills (needs to be able to communicate their vision effectively/ enthuse and inspire clients), including negotiating and overcoming objections
– Attention to detail/ Accuracy
– A passion for hospitality and design
– Ability to work under pressure Desirable
– Operational knowledge of catering facilities
– Client focussed
– Assertive – recognising and using appropriate levels of assertion to remain effective in a variety of situations
– Good negotiation skills
– Problem solver
– Team Player
The ideal candidate would probably come from either an RE or Catering background, either from the Army, Navy or RN and have experience in the design of kitchens either from the portable or fixed type.
They are offering up to £42k, depending on your background, with the higher salary going to individuals who have strong CAD and design skills, as well as company car, phone and laptop, 21 days + Bank Holidays as well as your Birthday, and company pension. There is once you have passed the probation period flexible working from home as well.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.