Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Defence Product Manager (154jc) – Derby – circa £40k + Bonus + Benefits
My client, who is a leader in the Pyrotechnical marketplace is now seeking a Defence Product Manager to assist them with their rapid and ongoing growth targets of 40% + to take them beyond the £100 million turnover.
You will be reporting to the Director of Defence Sales and your role will be to become the SME on development and the lead on product positioning and pricing. You will need to have a good understanding of the market and customer requirements and behaviours, as well as assisting the Marketing team on campaigns of both new and existing products.
Therefore, your main responsibilities will include:
· Determine / establish strategies for product positioning and pricing – positioning of the company to compete and win aligned to the ambition to grow.
· Define requirement to develop products through insights from market research and customer requirements and customers buying behaviours.
· Competitor analysis and market intelligence.
· Product benchmarking and portfolio gap analysis.
· Define the key features, specification, and requirement of products. Ensure marketing materials and other supporting enablers reflect this.
· Assisting with new product launches, marketing campaigns and thought leadership initiatives.
· Have responsibility for product life cycle – development, introduction, growth, maturity, and disposal / replacement. Ensuring the company maximises its share of the wallet and attains customer loyalty and retention.
· Help educate and assist Head of Sales/Regional Sales Manager’s with performance management of company’s sales partners to maximise business winning.
· Be the liaison between Sales and Engineering for bids and tenders.
You will also have the following general responsibilities
· Responsible for abiding by the company rules pertaining to your employment.
· Responsible for abiding by the company Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment manual and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to your employment.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate and commensurate with the post.
There are no formal qualifications for this role, however they are looking for someone who has a wealth of experience of battlefield pyrotechnics and minefield breaching systems, so the ideal candidate would probably be ex RLC Ammo Tech, or RE mine clearance, who would be comfortable in a client facing role supporting the Sales Team in the development of sales pipelines and possibly the development of new products to keep them relevant in today’s battlefield scenarios.
The ideal candidate would probably be a SNCO who has been based at Abbey Wood on the DE&S Team or being part of the DESA team, who is seeking to move into the commercial sector.
You will need to be based initially near their site in Derby, as you will be spending quite some time learning about their products and services. Part of your role will be to attend a number of Defence related shows across the Globe, as well as meeting clients face to face both here and overseas.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, as well as company pension, 23 days + Bank Holidays, company bonus scheme and a basic 38 hr week.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.