Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Vehicle Technical Trainers (143se) – Derby – £31,700-£38,000 doe
My client, a leading post 16 training provider are currently looking for Automotive Technical Specialists for a role as a tutor/trainer for apprentices? You will be either a Heavy Vehicle (over 3.5T) Technical Trainer or Light Vehicle Technical Trainer (who wish to re-train to Heavy Vehicle).
The positions are based at their Derby Academy and applicants must be able to commute to this location. Salaries range between £31,700 and £38,000 depending on experience and expertise (with a maximum £2,000 annual bonus). Other benefits including: 25 days’ annual holiday (plus additional birthday day off); life assurance; pension; colleague discount and cashback scheme; flexible working; fuel card; car allowance; and a range of health and wellbeing resources.
Summary and Main Purpose:
To plan and deliver high quality training to apprentices on heavy vehicle apprenticeship programmes. An occupational expert, with a passion to deliver amazing learning experiences to apprentices at the beginning of their career within the Heavy Vehicle Repair & Maintenance sector.
Working alongside the curriculum and training teams you will deliver training which inspires and motivates learners. You will facilitate learning through both interactive and engaging group practical and virtual learning activities which result in successful outcomes.
· Plan and facilitate well-structured, high quality learning experiences that are well matched to learner need, promote rapid learning and result in new knowledge and skills being applied in the workplace.
· Motivate and inspire learners establishing positive and respectful working relationships, using interactive and engaging approaches to teaching, promoting timely achievement and enabling positive progression.
· Work in collaboration with the curriculum design team to support ongoing development of session plans, resources etc to promote positive outcomes and timely achievement for learners.
· Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment, providing constructive verbal and written feedback that ensures learners know how to improve, thereby supporting rapid progression and achievement.
· Maintain up to date and accurate records of individual learning and progress through the programme, providing swift support and intervention for those learners who start to fall behind.
· Support the learning process through use of learning resources, such as those on Fuse and ISP, supporting the development of independent learning skills.
· Provide effective information, advice and guidance to learners, employers and other relevant stakeholders at all stages of the learner journey.
· Maintain safe learning environments, effectively promoting Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent, and ensuring learners are aware of strategies for staying safe online.
· Ensure inclusive learning environments, effectively promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and British values and supporting learners to apply their understanding of EDI and British values in the workplace.
· Support learner progression English and maths functional skills qualifications up to and including Level 2, making effective use of initial and diagnostic assessment to promote progress, and support learners to effectively apply their maths and English skills in the work context.
· Where appropriately, liaise regularly with the Learning Support Coach team and support SEND learners to accommodate and/or overcome individual barriers to learning.
· Maintain effective links with employers, engaging and coaching work supervisors to provide good levels of support and guidance and facilitating appropriate and effective workplace on-the-job training.
· Contribute to and participate in quality improvement activities, such as self-assessment processes, internal verification procedures and responding to learner feedback.
· Consistently demonstrate the Remit Brand Values and understand the relevant client culture and values, incorporate these within programme delivery.
· Take responsibility for keeping abreast of appropriate sector and educational developments, including industrial updating and participate in appropriate training and development activities that support your performance.
· Work with key stakeholders to evaluate and modify training and development solutions in response to delegate satisfaction and key stakeholder feedback.
· Share responsibility for the security and general upkeep and housekeeping within the Remit training facility.
· Maintain professional standards and conduct learners/colleagues/facilities.
· Relevant vehicle maintenance and repair vocational qualification at level 3
· Good standard of English and Maths
· Recent relevant industrial experience, minimum of two years in motor vehicle academic or vocational field
· Teaching or Training experience preferred by not essential, training will be given
· Proven experience of consistently exceeding business targets.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Excellent subject knowledge with a passion for the sector.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Reasonable IT skills
· Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload under pressure
· Awareness of Safeguarding responsibilities.
· Committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion.
· Committed to the concept of continuous improvement and continuing professional development.
· Full valid driving licence.
For further information or to apply, please contact Sue Edwards: email@example.com or call Tel 0333 2026500 option 2 ext 4238
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.