Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Business Development Manager – Critical Comms Solutions (160jc) – Elstree – Circa £50k-£65k (subject to experience) + Uncapped Comms + Car Allowance + Benefits.
My client, who is a leading player in the hospitality technology sector is now seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager in this exciting period of company growth.
You will be reporting to the Managing Director and your role will be to develop and increase company sales by targeting companies and integrators within the Fire, Security and Automation industries – both new prospects and key accounts in company’s existing and/or potential markets
Therefore, your role will include:
– Create and achieve focused sales plans by developing business with Fire, Security and Automation integrators
– Develop and maintain excellent technical knowledge of the company product portfolio and the industry
– Monitor business, competitor and industry trends and use this understanding to adapt sales strategy
– Identify new sales opportunities based on business intelligence, cold calling, attendance at trade shows, referrals, enquiries, and other self-generated leads
– Introduce their products to new and dormant customers via proactive sales activity, offering solutions to upsell / upgrade existing systems where relevant
– Present and demonstrate product portfolio and systems to prospective clients at face-to-face meetings
– Keep CRM updated with all opportunities, including contacts, status, value, probability, and timelines for close of sale and delivery
– Prepare and negotiate quotations, contracts, support services and service agreements in keeping with Company standards and pricing structures
– Meet or exceed sales and KPI targets, in keeping with the provisions of the uncapped commission plan
– Collaborate with sales, marketing, technical and operations departments throughout sales lifecycle
– Prepare sales reports, forecasts, relevant data, and analysis for internal management meetings
– Appraise own performance and contribute to development of skills and knowledge required to succeed
– Work to relevant Health & Safety internal policies and standards applicable to the industry
Requirements – the Business Development Manager must have the following experience:
– At least 3 years’ proven track record of B2B sales within a technology-based environment
– Development of sales strategy, identifying opportunities and key decision-makers within a targeted industry
– Face-to-face presentation skills, including preparation of collateral materials
– Developing opportunities from dormant or new to active and revenue-producing
The Person: The Business Development Manager must have the following attributes:
– Exceptional sales and negotiation skills
– Strong commercial business sense
– High emotional intelligence, listening skills and credibility
– Versatility – the ability to tailor your sales approach to the decision maker’s style, and your proposed solution to the needs of their business
– Gravitas, presence and strong interpersonal skills to build strong and lasting relationships at all levels
– A strong interest in increasing your knowledge of industry innovation, trends and competition
– Use of social media, industry publications, news and other content sources to build your client base
– Initiative, enthusiasm and resilience
– High degree of numeracy, with ability to analyse data and produce sales reports and forecasts
– Excellent written communication
– Excellent time-management, planning and organisational skills
– Advanced use of CRM system to the benefit of your own sales strategy and the Company’s knowledge base
Bonus Experience and Qualifications (preferred but not required):
– Sales into the fire and security market
– Experience of supplying technology solutions to a channel/integrator market as well as end user clients
– Awareness of paging systems, critical alerts, call buttons, two-way radio solutions
– Key Accounts management as assigned
– Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited university or 5+ years’ experience with formal sales training
– Diploma/advanced sales training certificate
This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist company in the critical alerts/messaging, staff paging, 2-way radios, call buttons sector, they work alongside some of the largest tech providers in the marketplace.
They pave the way for innovative communication technology and critical alert software solutions. Trusted experts for over 25 years, they supply multiple sectors including hospitality, retail, industry, leisure, education, healthcare, and the luxury market.
They are offering a starting salary circa £50k level, which will be commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the role, your previous experience and expected performance targets. The role is target-driven, and commission will be earned based on profit generated, + Car Allowance, as well as 22 days holiday increasing to 25 days, private health plan, and a pension scheme where you can put in 5% and the employer matches up to 3%.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.