Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Senior Quality Engineer (213jc) – Erith, Kent – £35 – 40k + Benefits
My client, who design, develop, manufacture, and sell a complete range of state-of-the-art small calibre weapons systems to clients across the globe and are now seeking to recruit a Senior Quality Engineer to join their expanding production team.
You will be reporting to the Qualify Manager and in this role, you will be responsible to co-ordinate all activities to direct and control manufacturing quality on the shop floor.
Your duties will include:
Quality Assurance Management:
– Continuously review quality processes, procedures, capabilities in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements
– Review and approve quality documentation to ensure their planned activities meet the organisation and contractual requirements
– Lead the investigation of internal and external non-conformances ensuring and implementing robust root cause analysis results and effective corrective actions / opportunity for improvement.
– Ensure that all non-conformities are recorded and appropriately dealt with and closed.
– Conduct and initiate internal audits and risk assessments in order to ensure compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
– Responsible for supporting New Product Introduction and product development programs
– Generate Coordinate Measuring Machine programs via on & offline programming methodologies.
– Program changes (updates, improvements, and rework)
– Review of program output to ensure compliance to quality inspection requirements
– Lead the generation of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) for product manufactured in-house.
– Continually develop & manage the ‘In-Process’ quality requirements of FNH UK internal manufacture and assembly.
– Liaise with both the Planning and Production departments to the timely Quality Control of internal manufactured & assembled items.
– Lead and Supervise the Quality Control team effectively to meet the daily needs of the business.
– Support the management on the Quality Control team, ensuring that their training and coaching needs are effectively managed to support the completion of their individual & team development goals.
– Monitor and report quality progress, reporting any issues arising
– Provide accurate and relevant information as required by the business
– Responsible for supporting and maintenance of a customer focused and a Quality culture within the organisation
– Support the development of quality goals and targets
– Lead internal and supplier audits in accordance with audit plan
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
– Degree in Mechanical and/or Production Engineering discipline with experience as QA/QC Engineer
– Ability to interpret mechanical engineering drawings, including geometric tolerances.
– Good experience in manufacturing methods and special processes such as Surface treatment, Heat treatment, etc.
– Strong knowledge of all the aspects of metrology including CMM measurement.
– Strong knowledge of ‘First Principles’ of inspection.
– Strong knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
– Lead Quality auditor qualification
– Knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing
– Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Process Capability analysis (Cp, Cpk), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
– Strong Leadership and mentoring skills.
– Good communication skills.
– Strong computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a background as a Senior Armourer probably at SNCO/WO level from any of the services and who as a passion for maintaining quality of the end product.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, with 25 days + Bank Holidays for a 37 ½ hour week, which is 0730 to 1615 Mon to Thurs with ½ day Friday, HOWEVER they are trailing a new working practice where you will work Mon to Thurs 0630 to 1600 to the end of the year and receive a 3-day weekend. There is also company pension with 3% contribution, Life Insurance 2 x salary, and the possibility of an annual bonus on sales which has been paid for the last 10 years on the bounce.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.