Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Trainee Geo-technical Driller (128jc) – Gloucester Based and covering the UK – £24,700 to start, plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc., OTE £33k in the first year.
Due to a significant increase in workload our client is delighted to be recruiting for additional Assistant Drillers to join an expanding drilling department. Based in Gloucester, my client is a progressive, energetic, and friendly company with a renowned and enviable reputation for innovation.
They have a wide Client base, ranging from private individuals requiring bespoke services or advice, right through to large multidisciplinary Consultants and main contractors who require large scale and complex ground investigations. Working within one of the drilling teams and reporting to one of the team managers, you will quickly be exposed to many sites across the UK and will soon be working in and alongside many project teams.
The role involves:
· Travelling throughout the UK, staying away as required
· Assisting the Lead Driller to form high quality boreholes and installations.
· Client liaison
· Carrying out routine and preventative maintenance, including regular cleaning of rig
· Ensuring the maintenance and appearance of the drill rig and vehicle is kept to a high standard.
· To always adhere to the Drillers Code of Conduct.
· Work with project managers and site engineers to ensure field work is delivered.
· Attend inductions, training, and EH&S meetings as and when required.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and abilities:
· The right to work in the UK.
· A MANUAL DRIVING LICENSE WITH C LICENSE ESSENTIAL.
· All work starts and finishes at their depot in Gloucester so applicants will have to reside or relocate to within a sensible commuting distance of the main HQ.
· Great teamwork and communication skills.
A great deal of my client’s reputation has been built upon strong health and safety records within the industry, and a key part of your role will be ensuring that work is carried out in line with site specific method statements and risk assessments. Projects can range from a single day on site to weeks in the field and can involve working on petrol forecourts, oil refineries, electrical substations, highways, reservoirs, and railways, to name but a few.
In return they are offering a highly attractive package, which is made up of:
· Basic salary starting at £24,700, with O/T you can earn £33k in your first year.
· Generous overtime rates
· A cash allowance for overnight subsistence (£25 per night)
· Pension (if over 22 years old)
· Excellent career prospects
· Fully structured training
· Professional development
The ideal candidate would be someone who is looking to progress their career, and who is physically fit as some of the equipment will be heavy and who is able to work away from home for 1 to 2 weeks at a time, and as you get more qualified and pass your exams, your salary level will increase in line with company pay schemes.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.