Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Simulator Flying Instructor (150jc) – RAF Valley – Excellent Package
My client is an established yet growing aerospace and training company which operates across the UK, delivering flying training services to the UK Government and they wish to attract and work with innovative, adaptable, and proactive people to help them achieve their “One “Mission as One Team” ethos.
They offer the opportunity to work in a professional, dynamic, and diverse environment within their Training Support Hub and on their operations sites.
You will bring expertise and fresh ideas to an environment where your contribution is really valued.
A day in the life of a Company BFT Qualified Instructor
As a Qualified Instructor on the Basic/Simulator Flying Training (BFT) Squadron at RAF Valley you will part of a small niche team delivering world class Ground School and Synthetic training to Military and Company aircrew on the Texan T1.
· Conduct ground-based instruction of military BFT Student Qualified Flying Instructors (SQFIs), ab-initio pilots in accordance with BFT syllabuses. The syllabus ranges from conversion, instrument, navigation, weapon profiles, tactical and more advanced evolutions.
· You will also assist in currency training for existing QFIs.
· Conduct Computer Based Training/Computer Aided Instruction/Simulator training, including ground school lessons and simulated airborne events in accordance with BFT syllabuses
· Conduct other tasks related to Texan T1 training as directed
· Assist Curriculum Design as Texan T1 Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development and maintenance of BFT courseware
· Have the opportunity to take part in innovation work for the future of UK MFTS
What will make you successful?
You will have previous experience as a Qualified Flying Instructor pilot in the military environment. Qualifications and/or recommendations from the RAF Central Flying School will be essential.
Previous experience in a ‘Basic Flying Training’ role on a turbo-prop airframe would be extremely advantageous and experience in a synthetic training device would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.
Above all else you will thrive when instructing students and helping them to strive for success.
You should already be an excellent communicator and you will be accustomed to working with different levels of ability so that you can nurture the full spectrum of students. You will be working in an environment which is heavily customer focused, ensuring the company provides a first-class service at all times.
And you will also:
· Have experience of multi-facetted flying disciplines, combining leadership and airmanship to provide a positive learning environment.
· Be able to demonstrate experience of working in collaboration with other teams.
· Have strong presentational skills, targeting a wide audience of varying abilities.
· Be able to develop and update courseware with emerging ‘best practise’ and updates as required.
· Fully engage with the RAF Safety Culture.
This is a ground-based role, and you will also need to be able to gain and hold UK SC clearance.
In return they will be able to offer a competitive salary as well as the following benefits:
· Equivalent to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Extra days with length of service)
· Private BUPA health care for you and your family
· Pension plan (Up to 6% matched)
· Life Assurance (Up to 3 times your annual salary)
· Flexible benefits (Buying and selling of holiday, BUPA dental, cycle2work scheme, retail discounts)
· Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay
· Enhanced company sick pay which increases with length of service
· Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 free and confidential legal and wellbeing advice)
· Annual reviews of your salary and individual learning and development plan
· Mental Health Support and subscription to the Unmind platform for you and a plus one
· Free eye tests for DSE users and money towards any subsequent corrective glasses.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.