Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Area Sales Manager (Hydraulics) (233jc) – Home Based North East – Excellent Salary and Package
My client, who is an international manufacturing with over 360,000 personnel across the globe are now seeking to recruit an experience Area Sales Manager covering the North East of UK.
They are a company that in their own words “MAKE THINGS THAT MAKE OTHER THINGS GO” and have worked on projects such as London Eye, Tower Bridge and Thames Water Barrier. With a UK Turnover exceeding £200 million in 2021 and having set a target of £260 million in 2025 they are seeking to recruit high calibre individuals to help them achieve this target.
You will be reporting to the Regional Sales Manager and your role will to take accountability and responsibility for maximising sales and profit for component sales and service offerings to end user customers, distribution and small OEM’s by the provision of superior service for a defined territory in a high quality, timely, cost-effective and resource-efficient way.
Therefore, your main objectives and tasks:
To identify current and future trends to enhance business decision making and judgement by:
– Establishing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the company components including drives and controls, technical/product/speciality areas and service offerings.
– Developing an understanding of the company products and services, customers, competitors, and the business environment.
– Sharing information to enable others to fulfil their role and build their understanding of the business units’ sales and profit targets and objectives.
– Seeking and analysing local market intelligence and information about potential and existing customers to develop and deliver sales and profit targets and objectives.
– Sharing market intelligence to enable others to build their understanding of customers, products, and competitors.
To contribute to the overall business unit objectives and plan by:
– Utilising knowledge, market intelligence and analysis to develop/generate sales and activity plans in line with individual and business unit sales and profit targets and objectives.
– Identifying and utilising opportunities and suggestions for improvements and sales leads to contribute to product and business development and/or sales of other company divisions products.
– Encouraging efficiency and effectiveness, by planning effectively and managing own workload to deliver key targets, objectives and priorities.
To contribute to the delivery of sales and profit for the sales team through undertaking the following:
– Agreeing relevant individual/personal objectives, targets and success criteria for assigned activities and own area of work such as:
– Effectively selling company products and services through planned and regular customer contact and field visits.
– Utilising and optimising all sales opportunities and leads within own business unit and across the group, adapting style and message as appropriate.
– Actioning all customer enquiries promptly and converting these opportunities into sales and sustainable business.
– Proposing technical system solutions to customers as required.
– Negotiating contracts and reviewing terms and conditions in line with agreed profit margins.
– Preparing detailed quotations and specifications ensuring customer requirements are met and accurate information is available for system design/drawings, projects, or order processing.
– Taking responsibility for completing, following up and supporting sales, co-ordinating the activities of others to meet customer specifications. (e.g. commissioning)
– Proactively liaising with credit control and customers ensuring payment terms are effectively managed, pre-empting payment and delivery issues.
– Undertaking debt recovery measures and activities as required.
– Ensuring timely documentation and easy complete access of relevant data by organising and maintaining files. (e.g. customer contact details and company information and visit reporting)
– Producing and developing business information reports to support department controls and performance improvements in line with company standards and business unit reporting requirements (e.g. sales activity reports, competitors analysis).
– Networking and building high quality, business-focused relationships with current and potential customers, sales partners and suppliers, developing close working relationships as required.
– Organising and attending events and meetings, giving sales presentations to meet customer needs whenever appropriate.
– Agreeing job requirements and competencies, participating in relevant training and development, and asking for support as required.
– Monitoring and sharing own progress and addressing any changes, taking corrective action as required.
– Communicating regularly with other members of the team, department, and business to ensure rapid two-way flow of information and contribution to effective team working.
To take joint responsibility for agreed sales targets, planning and cost control by:
– Contributing to the development of department objectives and actively participating in the planning process.
– Delivering sales and profit margins in defined area(s) of responsibility.
– Developing and delivering projects and/or activities to meet these sales targets.
– Monitoring progress and addressing any changes.
– Ensuring quality standards and customer requirements are met.
To ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of financial and physical resources by:
– Maximising the use and sharing of resources and identifying and eliminating waste.
– Contributing to the setting of standards, policies, and procedures.
– Ensuring that systems, policies, procedures, and work standards fit with and/or enhance others used in the business.
– `Balancing cost/risk vs. benefit when specifying or recommending any changes.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Electronics and/or experience and proven success within the field
- Conversant in Microsoft office products
- SAP R3 or similar integrated system
The ideal candidate would be someone from an engineering background with a bias with hydraulics and who is comfortable in a business development role. This is more of a hunter type sales person who is comfortable of meeting potential clients face to face to secure new sales and contracts. This could also be of interest of someone who is in a similar role but seeking to join a company that would be able to reward you not only in the short term but also in the longer term.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and company car, but with a benefits package which is 2nd to none, it includes 26 days + BH which increases to 30 days, life assurance of 7 times annual salary, matched pension scheme of up to 8% match by the client, Permanent Health Insurance, cycle to work scheme and other benefits. You will be based from home and you will be expected to be on the role meeting potential new clients, and your nearest base sites can be either Wakefield or St. Noets where you will have to attend monthly management meetings.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.