Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Electrical Solar Engineer (145jc) – Huddersfield – £25 – 45k + Benefits
My client, who is a rapidly expanding and award-winning micro-generation solar panel installer are now seeking a number of Engineers at various levels to join their expanding team.
The company was set up in 2006 and since then has grown to a team of over 50 strong and who are still growing and rapidly expanding, with HQ in Berkshire, and a site offices in Dartford and Huddersfield.
In this role, depending on your experience and qualifications, you will either reporting to the Team Leader at the Junior Level through to Installations Director at the more senior level.
Therefore, your duties will consist of:
· To carry out all aspects of the electrical and mechanical elements PV installation and commissioning of the system.
· To supervise / mentor / support and work with installers of all grades in all aspects of their work
· To ensure that installation work for all projects is managed in accordance with Photon Energy’s procedures
· To ensure that all project documentation is completed
· To assist installers with work on site and ensure installers are using their time effectively
· To ensure installers are following the Quality Management System
· To abide by company’s working practices, Health and Safety procedures and Quality Management System as well as relevant statutory and regulatory codes
To be eligible for this role, you will need:
· Experience with and a good understanding of the practical issues relating to the installation of solar systems, including roofing and electrical aspects.
· Fully qualified electrician; able to install equipment in accordance with BS7671 and carry out testing of completed installations. Ideally hold C&G 2382 18th Edition BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Systems, and C&G 2372 Installing and Testing PV Systems.
· Good understanding of health and safety issues that affect installation work and ability to resolve any health and safety issues that occur on site during installation. Ideally hold SSSTS Site Supervisors Certificate or equivalent.
· Thorough understanding of the construction industry
· Enthusiasm for mentoring and progressing junior installers
You must also be able to work at heights as 90% of your role will be working at height, as the majority of their work is roof top based.
This role is open to candidates who have a variety of skills and abilities, but the key for this role at all levels would be a background in electrical installation experience and the salary bandings would roughly fall into these bands:
· £25k, no formal electrical qualifications, but a willingness to learn and to be developed.
· £28-30k, you must have one of the following 18th Edition and Inspection and Testing qualifications.
· £32- 35k, you must have both 18th Edition and Inspection and Testing qualifications
· £35-40k, as above but with Installing and Testing PV Systems qualification already.
· £40k+ as above but with hands on installation experience already in place.
With the lower bandings, as you get qualified, your pay will be increased in line with the qualifications you gain.
They are also offering an excellent benefits package as well as overtime and the ability to work in a fun environment, where the MD regularly gets his hands “dirty” and works alongside the installations teams to keep his hand in so to speak.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.