Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
SecOps / I.T Security Engineer (165bs) – Lancaster (Hybrid Working) – £50,000 – £65,000
My client is a technology company that have a product focused on language analysis and now supports businesses to communicate with their customers in a more effective way.
They are recruiting for a SecOps / I.T Security Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing the security of their cloud infrastructure, managing monitoring and alerts for potential security breaches and suggesting changes to improve our overall security culture.
The company are known for their positive culture and promote the idea of trust. While you will be initially expected to come to the office on a regular basis, there is the potential to turn it into a fully remote role in the future.
The role is paying between £50,000 – £65,000 depending on experience and includes 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), and the opportunity to continually develop.
Role and Responsibilities
· Ensure that our systems are secure and robust against external threats
· Develop security policies to ensure all systems follow relevant security standards
· Implement appropriate monitoring and alerting strategies to quickly identify any unusual activity or potential security breach
· Investigate any security breaches and suggest appropriate remedies
· Organise vulnerability and penetration testing
· Suggest security best practices to ensure a Secure Coding practice amongst our software developers
· Experience of securing modern Cloud Platforms (particularly AWS)
· Knowledge of information security concepts, emerging IT security trends, and data protection requirements
· In depth understanding of the methods of security attacks and how these can be detected
· Ability to assess and analyse a wide range information to draw conclusions on how to improve the security of our systems
· Knowledge of security monitoring, prevention and control systems
· Hands-on experience of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
To organize a conversation about this role, please email Ben@Ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.