Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineers (149jc) – London – circa £34k + Generous Overtime + Benefits
Are you a qualified Mechanical or Electrical engineer seeking to move across to a new sector, if so, read on, my client, who is a world leader in the daylighting, natural ventilation and smoke management solutions are now seeking engineers to re-train to become Field Damper Engineers.
After training you will be working on site at customer locations to troubleshoot, maintain and repair smoke and fire damper equipment within ventilation systems. After some on-the-job training, your technical, mechanical and/or electrical skills will be used on every visit across new and challenging situations, equipment, and locations. You will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of our customers’ damper equipment and establishing firm business relationships through the provision of excellent customer service.
The role dynamic once you are fully trained will be:
· Have the ability to identify fire compartmentation boundaries without the aid of drawings or plans.
· Carrying out maintenance, repair, commissioning, and service support to a range of smoke/fire dampers and control panels as well as ventilation equipment.
· Communicating technical information and site requirements back to the Service office.
· Fault finding.
· Liaising and developing working relationships both with the customer and other employees within the company.
· Completion of relevant paperwork; including but not limited to; Service Reports, Tick Sheets and Timesheets.
· Awareness and appreciation of Health and Safety.
· Lead generation, identifying commercial opportunities for business development.
· Compliance with company policies, procedures, and processes to ensure that regulations are complied with for our ongoing accreditation to IFCC, Safe Contractor and FETA.
· Work and travel to sites throughout the UK, with accommodation in hotels as necessary.
· Attendance at customer sites at times that may be considered unsociable hours including some irregular hours and night work.
· Work at weekends and out of hours based on customer requirements.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and abilities:
Minimum GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent
· Solid technical skills and experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, equipment
· Fully qualified electrician with an electronic/electrical engineering or electro- technology apprenticeship to a minimum of 4 years or suitably trained through BTEC or City &Guild’s 2365 level 2/3 or equivalent
· Have strong electromechanical, and/or electronic experience testing controls and damper interfaces.
· Self-starter, able to work well independently and with general supervision
· Proficient computer skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Word/Excel, Navision or equivalent
· A valid driver’s license and good driving record (maximum 6 points)
· Able to manage multiple tasks, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Working knowledge of health and safety regulations
· PASMA/IPAF and/or SSSTS and CSCS qualification are advantageous.
They are seeking suitably qualified engineers who are looking to re-train to become Field Damper engineers in a sector that is expected to grow significantly over the next few years due to the Green Energy demands on the UK.
You will need to be based within an hour and half’s commute from Central London.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary of £34,350 with benefits that include 24 days Annual leave plus BH’s, 3% pension moving to 5% next month after consultation,
Mobile and laptop supplied and a van with fuel card, plus of course plenty of overtime, both during the week and weekend working available.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.