Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Workshop Technician (153jc) – Loughborough – £30-35k + Benefits
This client are specialists in the provision of high-quality, customised radio and intercom communication solutions for motorsport and event industries.
They have over 40 years’ experience working in numerous international race series, including Formula One, WEC, Le Mans, Formula E, Extreme E and Moto GP.
Their extensive knowledge and experience make them preferred suppliers for teams, organisers, and race circuits worldwide, and are proud to offer bespoke communication solutions, combining Kenwood and Clearcom market-proven technology with their own in-house expertise.
Their high level of commitment means that, whatever the size or complexity of the organisation, they can provide high-quality, efficient, and reliable systems that is second to none.
As a result of growing demand for their products, they are looking for an experienced Workshop Technician to join their excellent team. Your role is to set-up race equipment, servicing and programming our products to ensure a first-class service is provided to teams and organisers of events.
What you will be doing
· Setting up and programming bespoke Kenwood radio systems
· Performing custom programming, system design and set-up
· Testing and certifying new systems and equipment
· Fault finding, servicing, and maintaining radio and intercom equipment
· Answering technical queries by telephone and email, maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
· Being proactive and aware in all H&S matters relating to the work you do
· Exploiting opportunities to broaden and diversify knowledge base in Intercom, Radio, Repairs, etc
· Occasional visits to customers or race circuits to implement systems and/or resolve any issues
What they are looking for:
· VHF/UHF communications experience
· Knowledge of RF test equipment and spectrum analysers
· Proven background in engineering
· Self-motivation with the ability to work well under pressure and manage complexity
· Strong analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to confidently communicate and manage relationships at all levels
· Thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills, customer focused
· Good level oral and written communication skills, and proficient in Excel/Word
· Willingness to learn new equipment types and a self-starter
If you have a passion for motorsport and are looking for a new challenge, my client would love to hear from you!
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary in the region of £30-35k, some travel to various sites across the globe to work at various race tracks, as well as an excellent benefits package on top.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.