Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Head of IT (214jc) – Mansfield – £ Excellent Package + 1st class Benefits.
Our client, who are a government approved and United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and accredited membership scheme operator in the building services sector is now looking to recruit a Head of IT to join their expanding team.
The business has a vast array of in-house systems and applications that are maintained, developed, and supported internally. They continuously strive for best-in-breed technologies to keep up to date with technology changes and innovations. Currently the IT team consists of 7 employed individuals: including of 3 x developers, 2 x app support and 2 x support & infrastructure.
They are looking to recruit a Head of IT, reporting to the CEO, you will be part of the senior management team within the business and take responsibility for leading the company’s technology strategy, execution, and operations/projects. Additionally, you will be focused on developing in-house skillsets and managing key vendor relationships.
Therefore, your role will consist of:
- Provide leadership in technology portfolio for enablement and innovation.
- Manage a portfolio of technology projects to meet cost, scope, and schedule constraints.
- Develop key performance indicators and SLAs in lieu of requirement of stakeholders.
- Develop policies for internal IT operations to drive attainment of SLAs.
- Define the enterprise architecture in conjunction with current and future requirements.
- Assist in delivering Group KPI’s utilizing Power BI, Dashboards and Scheduled Reporting.
- Manage and support delivery of software and hardware operations and projects.
- Enable process efficiency of back-office operations.
- Drive innovation for front office or core business operations by recommending viable technologies.
- Identify key skills and talent gaps in the organisation and work to recruit, train and retain talent
- Identify and manage external vendors in the delivery of contracted work.
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Experience in data analytics and data warehousing would be desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, Engineering, or alternative relevant industry.
- Experience in recruiting, managing, and retaining a team of talented technology professionals.
- Management experience in an IT environment.
- Experience working with IT systems.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating with business leaders to drive effectiveness of the IT department.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has experience in leading a team of both software and hardware engineers and has the ability to deal with a lot of legacy systems and is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into the issues. Also due to the nature of this role, it is expected that you will have to work from the office Mon – Fri and you will need to live within a reasonable commute to Mansfield.
In return they are offering an excellent starting package and benefits package which includes 40 hrs week, 31 days including Christmas shutdown + Bank holidays, and health cash plan, and the ability to make a positive impact within a very short space of time.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.