Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Construction Cost Control Manager (227jc) – Middlesbrough – circa £500 – 600 per day.
My client, who are an established Construction Management Company who look after a variety of major construction projects across Europe are now seeking a Commercial Cost Control Manager for several commercial construction projects across the UK. You will be based in Middlesbrough at their main site and the contract can run up to 24 months.
You will be reporting to a commercial director and your main duties will consist of the following:
· Responsible for implementing administering and maintaining cost control systems and procedures to track budgets, commitments, expenditures, and forecasts.
· Assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates and schedules for projects of medium complexity and values.
· Managing projects from start to finish, including planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, forecasting, scheduling, and reporting results.
· Evaluate and analyse fee proposals / bids and provide recommendation for decision making.
· Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis.
· Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
· Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
· Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
· Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
· Commercial and Cost reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
· Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
To be eligible for this role you must be able to work and travel without any restrictions in the UK as well as the following
· Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics or equivalent hands-on experience
· Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a Cost Control or similar commercial role
· Excellent IT Skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
· Strong communication skills; ability to engage and build relationships at all levels. High attention to detail.
· Proactive with the capability to manage own workload.
In return they are offering an excellent daily rate, which will be inside IR35, however for the right individual, a permanent role may be offered as well.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.