Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Installation Technician (209lw) – SC (Security Clearance) – Electrical / Mechanical / Security / South UK – £30-£35k + uncapped Overtime (£50-£60k+)
A great opportunity to join a company at an exciting stage of on-going major growth and step into a new career challenge as a security product specialist within the construction industry!
Our client has over 30 years’ experience specialising in entrance control solutions to the UK Security Industry & now Internationally. They supply and install a wide range of quality and innovative products that help ensure premises are safe and secure. From anti-tailgating products such as security portals and turnstiles to their sensor-based systems.
They have developed their core product groups, delivering quality security systems to high demanding sectors. These sectors include critical national infrastructure such as airports, data centres and central government along with corporate clients and leisure. They have established a nationwide presence in installing and maintaining projects throughout the UK & now Internationally.
Due to growth, our client is actively seeking an Installation Technician to be part of the Technical Department. They are particularly keen to receive applications from the South of England who have worked in the security industry, preferably in areas such as North London (furthest North being Stevenage). Reporting directly to the Head of Technical Services, you will be a fundamental part of their team, demonstrating strong engineering aptitude with excellent verbal communication skills.
Your life as an Installation Technician with our client
As an Installation Technician, you will work as part of a team on installation works nationwide. – generally working in a team of two or more on-site. You will perform site surveys as necessary and attend installation meetings, and safety briefings with the ability to carry out toolbox talks where necessary to name but a few responsibilities.
It is vital within this role that you demonstrate good discipline and personal organisation along with an enthusiasm for the product and process quality, as well as continually always demonstrating our clients Company Values. Our client believe that their people are the driving force behind their company’s success. Within this role, you will be a personable and discrete individual.
Some of your responsibilities as an Installation Technician
· Installation and commissioning of products within portfolio, nationwide into client premises. These will primarily be portals and turnstiles with some occasional external work on our HVM products. Schedules can be tight due to us usually being back end of the site program so you will need to have good organisational skills and a strong work ethic to get the job done.
· Coordination of onsite activities – Working on-site will sometimes require you to coordinate other trades from the director level to the labourer. You will need to be approachable and patient. With the ability to motivate your colleagues as well as other trades.
· You will be reporting to the PMs on day-to-day progress with overall responsibility to the engineering manager. You will strive for working efficiently and be used to working within an onsite environment. Efficiency is key.
All of our client’s equipment is well built and as such generally heavy. You will be ideally Physically fit meaning the equipment can be moved into position and onto/off the provided lifting aids.
· Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client the successful applicant will be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
· Previous experience in the following areas would be desirable – Access Control, Turnstiles, Automatic Doors.
· CSCS card
· IPAF / PASMA Certificate (desirable)
· EN16005 /BS7036 (desirable)
· Gate safe trained (desirable)
· SSTMS Training.
What our client does for you
· Offers an incredible salary and a range of benefits. This role is perfect for an individual who is looking to make their mark in an already successful company. They offer work-from-home options with regular visits to their HQ in Yorkshire or the regional base in Kent. You will receive:
· Generous annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
· Your birthday off
· Retail discounts
· Company pension scheme
· Life cover
· Healthcare plan
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a cover note outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.