Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Electrician (237jc) – Peterhead with North Sea and International Assignments – £ see below
My client, who is a specialist waste management company, are now seeking to recruit an experienced Electrician to join their expanding team.
You will be reporting to the Electrical Supervisor and your role will be to work effectively as part of a team to install, service, repair and maintain offshore oil equipment by working closely with the maintenance department. Carrying out repairs and upgrades of electrical equipment will be an integral part of the role. Help train colleagues across various disciplines.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
– Ensure awareness and compliance with all company, client, and job specific procedures/legislation
– Participate in company and Client Safety Observation Card programs.
– Attend safety meetings with HSEQ/Client personnel as required.
– Assist HSEQ Team in reporting and escalating any HSEQ incidents/concerns on site.
– Follow relevant permit to work and isolation procedures and work instructions.
– Actively participate in toolbox talks.
– Installation, service, and repair of all company equipment.
– Log information in maintenance job cards.
– Liaise with Product Line and Project and Asset Management Teams to obtain necessary information to assist and build new equipment as required.
– Liaise with the Maintenance Manager on work scopes required for; supplies, maintenance, manufacturing, and testing.
– Source information from third party representatives as necessary.
– Provide back-up assistance to colleagues as and when required.
– Report all out of hour’s activity to Maintenance Manager.
– Traveling overseas/offshore to install, service & repair equipment as required.
– Be prepared to undertake medicals, vaccinations and training as required for offshore/overseas travel.
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following Skills and Experience:
– Certified Electrical Qualification such as HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
– ComPex Certification (desired)
– Valid BOSIET & MIST (desired)
– Valid OGUK Medical (for a minimum of 3 months) (desired)
– Inspection of electrical systems, fault finding, testing and repairs
– Working with electrical schematic and wiring diagrams
– Carry out maintenance routines
– Carry out installations
– Repair breakdowns
– Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines (Desired)
– Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industries (Desired)
– Ability to work to a high standard at all times.
– Ability to develop and follow operational instructions.
– Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the Company.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment.
– Ability to travel offshore/overseas when required.
The ideal candidate would be a qualified time served electrician who can hit the ground running, and who is open to working offshore on occasions and you can be off shore from a period of a couple of days to up to 3 weeks.
You will be working while in Peterhead a 40 hr week, 7am to 3.30, with regular overtime and weekend working, and while off shore you will be working a 12 hrs shift.
In return they are paying £19 per hour, with £28.50 per hour overtime, and £38.00 per hour Sunday, and if needed £25.33 per hour for nightshift. Your Offshore day rate is £328.00 per day. Other benefits will include Pension with up to 5% matched contribution, medical insurance, 33 days holiday, cycle to work, as well as other benefits.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.