Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Facilities Manager – Catering (138jc) – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands – Excellent package
My client, who manages the Hospitals in the Islands are now seeking to recruit a Facilities Manager – Catering for their hospital on the main island on an initial 2-year contract.
You will be reporting to the General Manager, and this role carries senior and professional responsibility for a full range of Integrated Facilities Management Services provided at Cheshire Hall Medical Centre, with a bias on the food/nutritional side of the contract.
Therefore, your role will consist of the effective operation of:
• You will be covering 5 over 7 days with additional requirements for emergency and incident management.
• Full ownership and responsibility of operational budgetary targets.
• You will manage all directly employed FM staff and contractors, and actively review and improve all services within your remit in line with contractual requirements and KPI targets.
• These services include all Health and Safety issues relevant to the services provided and to ensure compliance with the contract and current legislation.
• To manage and co-ordinate Human Resources, Training and Finance Functions within the FM Department using resource from Providenciales site.
• To develop and implement a robust succession plan to develop a Junior Management team whilst actively and consistently reducing the number of work permit holders within the organisation
• Role will include project and quality and control tasks at Providenciales and may require stays on island of one or more days, including occasional weekends.
• Local air travel and accommodation whilst on duty at Providenciales will be provided by company.
• The successful candidate may also be required to travel outside the Turks and Caicos Islands if the company requires
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• 10-year proven management experience with 5 years being within the healthcare environment would be highly desirable.
• Experience in managing a diverse workforce across a number of specialties
• Experience in the contract management and administration of FM services in a public private partnership framework with an emphasis on compliance and performance monitoring
• Experience within Human Resources, Training and Finance Functions
• Ability to manage revenue and capital program budgets covering physical assets across the Concession.
• Sound knowledge of employment conditions, hygiene, health and safety and other relevant healthcare legislation.
• Able to manage, lead and motivate a team of staff to a high level of performance and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Previous full budget accountability essential including management of a large multi tasked team.
• Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Facilities management or similar acceptable discipline.
• NEBOSH advanced Health and Safety or equivalent.
• BIFM Qualification preferred.
• Qualification in at least two of the managed service streams.
• Member of relevant professional bodies such as IH, BIFM, BICSc, HCA, IT literate – proficient in Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint as a minimum).
• Catering bias with formal qualifications and an understanding on how nutrition can affect patient recovery times.
The ideal candidate would probably come from a catering background, who has a solid FM background, as they need someone who has an excellent understanding of how food and nutrition can assist in patient recovery schedules.
Due to the location, the candidate must he highly motivated and resilient as weather conditions can have a severe impact on the day-to-day operation of the site, i.e., tropical storms and hurricanes which have impacted the site in the past.
Please note that this role is really suitable for a single individual as schooling is not available for ex-pats and you can only access private education which is very expensive.
They are initially offering this role on a 2-year contract, with options to renew up to the 10 year point, and you will earn an excellent package, as well as 1 return flight per year for the employee, accommodation will be supplied for the initial 3 months, but costs will be deducted at source, with 25 days leave a year, as well as a further 12 Bank Holiday, company vehicle, fully expensed, but with a fuel usage limit, and you will have to pay local NI which is 4% and Local National Health Insurance with is 3%. Also, there is no pension plan with this role.
The contract will be offered with the cavate that you pass both the medical and work permit which my client will facilitate.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.