Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Internal Account Manager, Local/Central Government Sales (246lw) –remote working + travel – Public Sector – ICT – Circa £30-40k (subject to exp.) + Commission + Car allowance + Benefits.
At an exciting time of team growth, our client is seeking 2 Internal Account Managers. This will be a fantastic opportunity for you, if you are a Service Leaver (with a technical background), interested to utilise their transferrable skills and develop a career in sales/account management. OR be a Graduate with 1-3 years’ experience OR 3-5 years+ experience, working within a successful ICT company with an exceptional team working environment, well-structured to set you up for success, team orientated and collaborative & extremely employee supportive.
Ideally you will have an IT background ie. infrastructure, cloud, security, networking, storage etc HOWEVER those with an aptitude & interest in IT/Technology will be considered.
Our client was established in 1983 and has over 39 years’ experience of delivering innovative and cost-effective Information Technology solutions and services. Their financial strength, heritage, knowledge and experience is supported by their investment in internationally recognised ISO quality standards, specifically designed to protect and support the delivery of high-quality solutions and services to their customers.
Our client’s primary focus has always been to deliver cost efficient IT solutions that are tightly aligned with customers aspirations/objectives. Their comprehensive solution portfolio and deep understanding of Public Sector Procurement and Framework requirements has allowed them to build many long-standing Partnerships with some of the UK’s leading Central and Local Government bodies. Their cash reserves, recent strategic acquisitions and the quality of contracts held are an assurance of their future growth.
Throughout their history, they have evolved to meet market demands and now offer a comprehensive portfolio of Managed and Technical solutions specifically designed to complement and enhance their own products and services.
Our client actively seeks to attract talented and ambitious individuals, to nurture and develop throughout their career. Our client’s Group comprises of wholly owned companies and a joint venture business, providing ample opportunity for staff members to develop a wide and varied career path. All employees can learn from successful, highly capable business professionals with extensive knowledge and experience to learn first-hand how a thriving privately owned business operates.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working in the rapidly growing and successful Public Sector Sales team, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a keen understanding of the IT Sales process with specific emphasis on Account Management and Development. To excel in this role, you will be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a passion and determination to succeed. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential as are comprehensive negotiation and collaboration capabilities. You will be comfortable building relationships, influencing and managing complex situations/requirements and liaising with key contacts and external stakeholders to get things done.
Working in partnership with an External Account Manager you will become a strategic partner and trusted advisor to customers, helping to identify and develop new opportunities and solutions . You will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships, always striving to find the best solution/service for clients. The role is for a driven individual who will be responsible for driving business via proactive support and management of customers, creating a win/win situation for both.
The candidate will be expected to competently make cold and warm calls without hesitation and consistently send compelling emails, directing the next steps in the engagement– with the aim of building rapport to the benefit of the sales cycle. Initially conversations will likely be for End User Compute products and services, however the candidate will also identify additional opportunities/requirements, which they will discuss with the External Account Manager.
The Candidate will develop a good understanding of the business issues facing Public Sector customers but more specifically within the context of the Central and Local Government sector. It is expected that the candidate will become the subject matter expert on End User Compute products and services and be able to sell externally and internally the concepts such as ‘Modern Workplace’ and ‘Mobile Workforce’.
Ideally, you will be competent using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and will have experience within the I.T. Solution/Services sector. This role requires a basic understanding of Local and Central Government Procurement Frameworks and the associated on-line systems and procedures.
The candidate will be exposed to every element of the sales cycle, including but not limited to:
– Lead generation
– Opportunity identification
– Proposing the solution
– Quotation/proposal creation
– Sales negotiation
– Closing sales
– Deliver against and exceed sales targets
– Achieve agreed KPI’s
– Promote the product and solution portfolio
– Proactively grow and maintain an account base in partnership with an External Account Manager
– Manage and maintain performance levels to achieve targets
– Be professional and courteous at all times
– Manage time effectively and productively
– Work effectively as part of the Government Sales team, but also company as a whole
– Partner with customers, adding value to their business and solving problems, through technology
– Identify and nurture leads and opportunities using effective and persuasive communication
– Update Dynamics CRM on a regular basis, including all relevant client/opportunity information
– Deliver lead and opportunity updates via CRM during Friday sales meeting
– Identify and report any performance issues to allow for prompt remedial action
– Maintain effective communication with existing customers on a regular basis
– Ensure Business Unit Manager and External Account Managers receive regular activity updates
– Continually improve knowledge and capabilities to support job function
– Ensure that any hindrances to sales performance are reported and resolved
– A passion to learn and understand key IT concepts and trends
– Demonstrable sales skills
– Previous sales experience making cold and warm calls with confidence and ease
– Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
– Able to effectively articulate value propositions through telephone calls
– Good time management and administrative/organisational skills
– Building relationships and customer understanding and conversion into sales opportunities
– To be able to manage existing accounts and to create new opportunities
– Effective objection handling
– The ability to thrive in competitive situations and negotiations
– Good general IT knowledge
– Competent in O365 package i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
– Minimum A-C in GCSE Math and English
– An understanding of the Public Sector marketplace
– An understanding of the latest trends around End User Compute
– Familiarity with IT Solutions/Services
– Previous experience working in a IT sales related role
– A degree in a business, IT or related subject
– A vocational qualification providing the ability to communicate effectively with customers e.g. NVQ Level 2 Customer Services
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining why this would be the ideal opportunity for you, by email to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.