Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Trainee Examiner (223jc) – Swindon – £24 – 30k + benefits
This client is a leading Structures Inspection and Investigation Consultancy, and an Infrastructure Services Contractor, and are looking to recruit a Trainee Examiner to join their expanding team based out of Swindon but coving the Western Region of the UK which includes London.
Your role will be to develop full competence for the examination of structures in accordance with project requirements. All work must be delivered safely and in compliance with all relevant standards.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
· Ensure that safety is always the priority, taking personal responsibility for your safety and the safety of others at all times.
· Promote safe working practices, ensuring full implementation and compliance with Key Processes and Procedures.
· Where required, contribute to the preparation of any site safety documentation for projects as appropriate.
· Where required, undertake safety critical duties and supervise other company sub-contractors as appropriate.
· Provide the management team with information as required, particularly regarding shift reporting, compensation events and reasons for programme slippage.
· Working under mentor supervision, take responsibility and directly undertake examinations for all structure, material and report types in order to achieve STE3, STE4 and STE7 competence.
· Where required, and working under mentor supervision, undertake the examination of structures using handheld technology, then compile and submit reports within the designated reporting system.
· Where qualified, and working under mentor supervision, undertake specialist access exams using roped access, confined space or working at height techniques.
· Working under mentor supervision, ensure the write-up of examination reports is optimised so that our clients receive technically compliant reports in accordance with contract deadlines.
· Ensure the proper use, maintenance and safe keeping of any company vehicles, plant or equipment for which you are deemed responsible.
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following
Essential Experience, Qualifications & Skills
· Be prepared to undertake a comprehensive training scheme, including a structures examination course, mentorship, assessment, and other associated training.
· Some experience of the UK rail or construction industries, particularly operating on-site in a live environment.
· 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C, including Maths and English.
· Medically fit (pass pre-employment medical and ongoing medicals, including Drug and Alcohol tests).
· Full, clean UK driving licence and IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
Desirable Experience, Qualifications & Skills
· Have strong communication and inter-personal skills. You will relate well to colleagues, customers, and members of the public at all levels.
· Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision, at times under pressure.
· Have excellent organisational skills; be able to multitask and re-prioritise to meet changing needs and deadlines.
· Be prepared to learn and implement specialist access techniques such as confined space working, roped access, working on or under water, working at height etc.
· HNC/HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering or a related discipline.
In return they are offering a good starting salary and a benefits package which is geared to attract and retain the best, which includes 40 hr week, flexible arrangement for homeworking after 12-month period and established in the role. As well as Employee assistance programme, Employee recognition scheme, Auto enrolment pension scheme, 23 days holiday rising to 25 days after 4 years’ service + 8 bank holiday per annum, Company laptop and mobile phone, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, long service awards and finally as stated ongoing Training and development.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or email@example.com or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.