Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
DV Cleared Network Engineer (147jc) – Tewkesbury – Excellent package
My client is a leading provider of innovative research, services, and solutions to Her Majesty’s Government. They are global leaders in Internet facing systems and the innovative application of machine intelligence to the complex problems facing their customers in defence and national security.
They are looking for a network engineer to join their team at a time of significant growth.
People are at the heart of everything they do. They look after their people and offer flexible working arrangements, excellent salary and generous pension contribution, and 25 days holiday with opportunities to learn and grow your skills and knowledge working in an intellectually challenging environment.
Therefore, your role will include:
· As their network engineer, you’ll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks within my client or between my client and other organisations.
· You will be the first point of call for their engineering teams looking for support with IT infrastructure, troubleshooting any problems that arise.
· Your role will involve designing new networks, ensuring that they meet appropriate assurance requirements as well as operational need.
· Your aim is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for your users.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skill and abilities:
· Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
· Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
· Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
· Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
· Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
· Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
· Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
· A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Dependable and flexible when necessary.
· Network security experience.
· LAN and WAN experience.
· A degree in computer science, computer systems and networks or similar, or vocational qualifications in network engineering.
· Experience in IT support, service, and repair.
Due to the nature of this role, you will need to be able to pass and maintain DV level of vetting.
The ideal candidate would probably be coming from an IS systems background, holding or have held DV clearance in the past and you must be living within 1 hours commute of their office as this is also part of the SLA for call out reasons.
As already stated above they are offering a good starting salary and package as stated above but will also offer ongoing training and development as they see this department being the first entry point for everyone in the company and depending on your skills, knowledge, and abilities, you can move and develop within the company going forwards.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.