Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Engineering Facilities Manager (217jc) – Turks and Caicos Islands – Excellent Package
My client, who manages the Hospitals in the Islands are now seeking to recruit an Engineering Facilities Manager for one of their hospitals on the islands.
You will be reporting to the Operations Director, and you will have full responsibility for the day-to-day Facilities Management, which includes both Hard and Soft Facilities and running a team of local employed employees and contractors.
Therefore, your role will consist of the effective operation of:
· Engineering & Grounds, which includes Housekeeping, Portering & Laundry Services, Patient and Retail Catering Services as well as Helpdesk, Reception & Security Services
· Contracted services (waste, pest control, security, and engineering contractors)
· Business Management including co-ordination of finance management and reporting, Quality compliance and auditing, Human Resources, and training functions for the team
· Health and Safety Compliance
· Disaster and Emergency Compliance and Readiness
· Client and stakeholder liaison and relationship management
· Contractual and Project driven tasks as required by the Organisation
· Associated support as required for Sister Site
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
· 10-year proven management experience with 5 years being within the healthcare environment would be highly desirable.
· Experience in managing a diverse workforce across a number of specialties
· Experience in the contract management and administration of FM services in a public private partnership framework with an emphasis on compliance and performance monitoring
· Experience within Human Resources, Training and Finance Functions
· Ability to manage revenue and capital program budgets covering physical assets across the Concession.
· Sound knowledge of employment conditions, hygiene, health and safety and other relevant healthcare legislation.
· Able to manage, lead and motivate a team of staff to a high level of performance and have excellent interpersonal skills.
· Previous full budget accountability essential including management of a large multi tasked team.
· Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Facilities management or similar acceptable discipline.
· NEBOSH advanced Health and Safety or equivalent.
· BIFM Qualification preferred.
· Qualification in at least two of the managed service streams.
· Member of relevant professional bodies such as IH, BIFM, BICSc, HCA, IT literate – proficient in Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint as a minimum).
· Engineering base formal requirements (electrical and mechanical)
The ideal candidate would be a SNCO coming from an engineering background who has moved over to an FM role and who is seeking a post that they can fully manage as well as help train and develop the local workforce.
Due to the location, the candidate must he highly motivated and resilient as weather conditions can have a severe impact on the day-to-day operation of the site, i.e., tropical storms and hurricanes which have impacted the sites in the past.
Please note that this role is really suitable for a single individual as schooling is not available for ex-pats and you can only access private education which is very expensive.
They are initially offering this role on a 3-year contract, with options to renew up to the 10 year point, and you will earn an excellent package, as well as 1 return flight per year for the employee, accommodation will be supplied for the initial 3 months, but costs will be deducted at source, with 25 days leave a year, as well as a further 12 Bank Holiday, use of a fully funded F150 truck, and you will have to pay local NI which is 4% and Local National Health Insurance with is 3%. Also, there is no pension plan with this role.
The contract will be offered with the cavate that you pass both the medical and work permit which my client will facilitate.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.