Website Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Ex-Mil Recruitment is for Ex-Military by Ex-Military
Field Service Engineer (230jc) – Wakefield – Excellent Salary and Package
My client, who is an international manufacturing with over 360,000 personnel across the globe are now seeking to recruit an experience Field Service Engineer for its Wakefield site.
They are a company that in their own words “MAKE THINGS THAT MAKE OTHER THINGS GO” and have worked on projects such as London Eye, Tower Bridge and Thames Water Barrier. With a UK Turnover exceeding £200 million in 2021 and having set a target of £260 million in 2025 they are seeking to recruit high calibre individuals to help them achieve this target.
You will be reporting to the Service Manager and your role will be to take accountability and responsibility for providing a commissioning, repair and maintenance service on company manufactured equipment that supports the achievement of sales and profit targets and the provision of superior service in a high quality, timely, cost-effective, and resource-efficient way.
Therefore, your main objectives and tasks will include:
To keep up to date with new product developments in drives and controls in order to enhance business decision making by:
– Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of trends in hydraulic systems / controls development and manufacture and project management and methodology.
– Developing an understanding of the company products and services, customers, competitors, and the business environment.
– Sharing information and ideas to enable others to build their understanding of hydraulic drives and control systems and the department’s objectives.
– Analysing what is required to develop and deliver hydraulic and electronic systems design, commissioning, fault-finding, and training and meet department targets.
To contribute to the overall department objectives and plan by:
– Identifying and utilising opportunities and suggestions for improvements and growth.
– Proactively supporting business unit sales objectives, customer sales enquiries and targeting potential customers.
To contribute to the delivery of an on-site commissioning, repairs and maintenance service through undertaking the following:
– Agreeing relevant individual/personal objectives, targets and success criteria for assigned activities and own area of work such as:
– Undertaking projects to support original equipment manufacture or the end user to meet service level agreements.
– Developing and managing the project plan for defined service jobs/projects, in conjunction with other departments.
– Gaining an understanding of the customers business, machine operation and capacity requirements.
– On-site fault diagnosis of hydraulic systems and electronic control systems also at component level along with their associated control elements.
– Identifying and implementing appropriate solution to fault diagnosis and verifying success of repair, meeting customer requirements and timescales.
– Preparing technical site visit reports ensuring all work carried out, test results, costs and additional recommended work are recorded.
– Carrying out and supervising of on-site pressure testing and flushing of pipe work and commissioning of newly installed systems and/or re-commissioning of equipment on site.
– Carrying out up-grades and retro fits when required ensuring equipment consistently achieves maximum performance and is vulnerable and unsupported.
– Assisting the repair workshop team in the strip-down, inspection and reporting and re-build of repairs when required.
– Operating test rigs and carrying out full function tests of hydraulic and electronic components in accordance with manufacturing plant test procedures and tolerances.
– Providing technical support for hydraulic and control system products to both internal and external customers.
– Networking and building high quality, business-focused relationships with current and potential customers, sales partners, key industrial partners and suppliers developing close working relationships as required.
– Ensuring complete access of relevant information/materials by organising and maintaining files and work area, e.g. job/project correspondence register and job/project files and software.
– Agreeing job requirements and competencies, participating in relevant training and development, and asking for support as required.
– Monitoring and sharing own progress and addressing any changes, taking corrective action as required.
– Communicating regularly with other members of the team, department and business to ensure rapid two-way flow of information and contribution to effective team working.
To take joint responsibility for planning and delivery of jobs/projects and cost control by:
– Contributing to the development of department objectives.
– Developing and delivering projects and/or activities to meet these objectives.
– Monitoring progress and addressing any variances.
– Ensuring quality standards and customer requirements are met.
To ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of financial and physical resources by:
– Maximising the use of resources and identifying and eliminating waste.
– Contributing to the setting of systems, policies, procedures and work standards ensuring that they fit and/or enhance with others used in the business.
– Balancing cost/risk vs. benefit when specifying or recommending any changes.
Applicable to all Jobs
– To carry out other tasks that may be reasonably requested from time to time.
– To complete all tasks and objectives in accordance with customers’ technical, quality and delivery requirements, standard company procedures and policies, Health and Safety requirements and industry Codes of Practice.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a strong hydraulics background as well as a more traditional engineering background, but also someone who happy to spend up to 30% of their time with over night stays as well as working off shore, as this forms a significant part of the role, so candidates who hold Off Shore tickets would be desirable, but they are willing to put individuals through the relevant qualifications after a suitable qualifying period.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
- HNC/D Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Software Engineering
- Appreciation of Electric/Electronic Control systems
- Conversant in Microsoft Office products
- SAP R3 or similar integrated system
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, but with a benefits package which is 2nd to none, it includes 26 days + BH which increases to 30 days, life assurance of 7 times annual salary, matched pension scheme of up to 8% match by the client, Permanent Health Insurance, cycle to work scheme and other benefits. You will be based from Wakefield, so when you don’t have any field roles, you will be working from the main site. As already stated, there is also a significant premium paid when based offshore.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.