SOS: Where to get help

All Call Signs is a peer-to-peer network for serving military personnel and veterans. By the nature of the service, we are not mental health professionals or a registered charity. If you require professional help, some of these organisations may be better suited:


There are a number of NHS departments dedicated to helping veterans and transitioning military service personnel. You can learn more about them here.

ABF The Soldiers’ Charity support soldiers and veterans of the British Army and their immediate families by offering grants through their Regiments and Corps. You can learn more about the work they do here.

The Ministry of Defence have a mental health hotline manned by a few forces related charities including Combat Stress. It can be found on 0800 323 4444.

The Veterans Charity was founded in 2008 and provides support for essential items including food shopping, clothing, household goods like kitchenware and single appliances as well as single items of furniture and even mobile phones to aid vital communication. Learn more here.

Combat Stress are the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For almost a century, they help former servicemen and women deal with trauma-related mental health problems such as anxiety, depression and PTSD. You can learn more about them here.

The Mental Health & Wellbeing Team at H4H are there to listen to you and help you if you are struggling with stress, PTSD or other mental health issues. You can read more about what they do here.

SSAFA offer practical help to anyone experience stress, anxiety or PTSD, they can also help by getting you in touch with more specialised organisations, should you need it. Learn more here.

Papyrus provide real support to anyone feeling suicidal. Their hopeline can be reached on 0800 068 41 41